Training & Consults
Engage with the Blackboard training team to learn everything you need to know about your Blackboard solutions.
Learn more about your Blackboard solutions, content migration or communications tools
Your Blackboard team of consultants and trainers can assist you through the entire implementation process.
Work with your Training Specialist to create an engaging website that delivers content based on current web standards, and can best engage your community.WCM prerequisite training:
Site Structure and Navigation
1. Development of custom Page Types and Section Configurations
2. Creation of District Channels & Sections
3. Creation of Subsite (School) Channels & Sections
Creation of Consistent Homepage Content: District & Schools
Utilizing WCM Tools and Apps as desired: Forms, MiniBase, Friendly Web Address, Social Settings
Content Migration: Instruction, Best Practices and Strategies
Completion Plan Development
Site Refresh Service
The Web Community Manager Site Refresh Service is designed to give you guidance from a Blackboard training consultant about updates to your website in the areas of site navigation, product apps and features, accessibility, and overall design.1. Collaborate with a training consultant for a website assessment of your main district site.
2. Apply accessibility best practices
3. Update website navigation for visitor ease of use
4. Incorporate new apps, tools and functionality from the latest releases
5. Receive one-on-one consulting to review assessment findings.
- Two days of on-site consulting at customer location OR
- Six, 2-hour virtual consulting sessions
Purchase our service to move your content if you’re experiencing time constraints, lack of resources or sheer content volume. We will migrate content from one domain (migration does not include Classroom or Teacher sites).District Responsibilities:
- Provide content analysis and mapping to Blackboard to eliminate redundant, outdated information
- Provide all files or pages in specific file formats, allowing Blackboard to assist in migration
- Final formatting to be adjusted by the district
- Constraints around the number of pages and files will be shared by your project manager prior to migration
Consulting & Training Catalog
Your key personnel can learn how to use Web Community Manager to connect with the community. Sign up for training that meets their needs.
- Format: Live trainer offers private sessions via
- Audience: Up to 15 participants
- Length: Up to 2 hours per session
- Times: 9am, 12p, 3pm Eastern Time are available to schedule private sessions.
Schedule purchased training sessions through your Project Manager.